Thursday, March 3, 2011

Steady Slipping

This is a poem I ran across that I wrote when I was 19. I remember it vividly, cause I wrote it in my head and I was on my way to my now husband's house and when I got there I ran in and grabbed a pen before I forgot it.

Steady Slipping

Beautiful day.
Fading lights flicker in the distance.
With this long road ahead, I know there's more for my eyes to see.
Feeling blinded, feeling cold, it's all an instant to me.
Nothing ever lasts, nothing stays the way it ought to.
Once it is smooth, it gets bumpy.
Once it is right, it goes wrong.
This is the only consistency to life.
Time slips when you don't want it to.
It's cruel, but not unusual.
You are stuck and have no choice, but you know that.
What a beautiful day.

© Stacey LeAnne Nutt

1 comment:

  1. oh goodness, what a beautiful poem to read on a beautiful day. talent

    ReplyDelete